Saturday, February 25, 2012

It's a . . . .

On tues of this week, 2/21/12, we found out what we are having. I have been very anxious for this appointment to see if our first instinct was right when we found out we were going to have another baby. During the appointment Dr Tutt first took the babies measurements to make sure everything is good. Baby is measuring small but I'm measuring right on track at 19 weeks, so no need for concern there, Scott was small baby too. Well here is a picture of the baby's face and arm.


Once he was done taking measurements he went on to poke around to see if we could see what this baby is. Here is the picture that we got, it's kind of an aerial view.


At first I had no idea what I was looking at. So the dr turned the picture vertial and there I saw it! Can you see? The plus sign is pointing just below it. No, can't see it yet. Here I will label what you are looking at below.


If you haven't already guessed, I hope the color of the body parts helps. 3 lines as they call it, or in our terms a Girl! We didn't see anything that would suggest a boy and the dr is pretty confident that it is a girl. He will do another ultrasound at the next appointment to confirm this one. So our first instinct was right! I knew that Scott would be a boy and knew that this was my long awaited girl! We are very excited, well I'm excited Matt is a little nervous to raise a girl but he will do just fine.
Finally another girl for he Sovereign Family, this would make granddaughter #4. There are currently 9 boys and 3 girls. Lucky us! On the Elsberry side this will be granddaughter #3. There are currently 4 boys and 2 girls.

I have started shopping already and have found some pretty cute things. Next up to paint the room that will become the nursery and order the furniture!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Scott will be such a great big brother. Hope your pregnancy continues to go well.

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.