Saturday, November 8, 2014

Zoey's Birth Story

I thought that it was time to share Zoey's birth story.

On Wed July 23rd I had seen the dr and I was still barely at 1cm. Very frustrating since with the other 2 I was further along by 38 weeks. So I decided to start taking the Evening Primrose oil capsules and rubbing Clary Sage oil on my belly.

I think this did the trick b/c on Sunday I was having some mild cramping but then it went away. Then on Tues, the 29th, as I was making dinner at about 5 pm I started to feel cramping again. I knew these weren't Braxton Hicks contraction like what I was having since 30 weeks. These contraction and pains were the real thing!

So at about 6:30 I texted my Tia Maggie to let her know that it was very possible that I was in labor and that we would have a baby that night. So she hurriedly got her things together and made her way up from Tucson. I called a friend, who had said that she would stay with Scott and Summer when I went into labor. She came over at about 8:30 and then Matt and I were off to the hospital.

On our way I texted Matt's mom to let her know we were heading to the hospital and if she wanted to meet us there, she had just gotten off her shift as a nurse from another hospital. We get to the hospital and we get checked in, it is now just after 9 pm. The take me back into the labor and delivery triage room, get me all hooked and I'm having contractions but nothing steady, but I was dilated to 4cm!! WHOO HOO!! The oils must have worked. The nurse said that she will check me in about an hour.

During this time Tia Maggie arrives and stays with me and then Matt's mom takes her turn and comes on back. Matt had to run home, he wanted to work while we waited knowing that the next couple of days he wouldn't be able to. I was totally okay with that, since I wouldn't be alone.

The nurse comes back just after 10 pm and check me, I've progressed to 5 cm!! She said, "Well it looks like you will be staying."

The take me on back to my delivery room. Another hour has passed and I have now progressed to 6 cm. Looking good, at this point we are all thinking that we might this baby tonight. I asked for an epidural. Let me tell you this was by far my worst experience in getting an epidural. OUCH!! The dr put in but it was so far to my left that my left leg was completely numb!

Well a few mins had past by and I all of a sudden didn't feel too good. I felt like I was going to pass out and sure enough my blood pressure was dropping, probably due to the epidural. This not only happened once but twice!! This slowed down my labor. ERR! Dr Tutt was not on call that night and the On Call Dr didn't want to break my water, she wanted to see how I progessed. Well I sat at 6 cm all night until Dr Tutt arrived. He came in at around 8 am and said, "Let's have a baby!" He broke my water, much to all of our relief.

This was my faster delivery ever! At about 9 am I said that I need to push and yep fully dilated! Dr Tutt came back in and got ready. In about 3 pushes little miss Zoey made her entrance.

As the Dr was stitching me up and the nurse cleaning up the baby we revealed her name and Matt's mom's reaction was priceless. Zoey's middle name is Ella which is the name of Matt's great-grandma.



I can't believe it! I have now 3 kids! She was just perfect, screaming and was totally hungry.



Recovery was slightly painful. It took a long time for my leg to go back to normal. It was so sore for about a week from being so numb. We were all exhausted but wouldn't have it any other way.




1 comment:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hey Danesa! I was reading through some old blog posts and saw a comment you left a long time ago and clicked on it and it took me to your blog....and lo and behold I saw that you just had another baby! Super exciting because you had her about a week after I had my newest baby too (she was born July 21). So fun! Looks like you had her really close to your guys' anniversary (Collin's b-day...lol. I was reading the post about his delivery and that's how I saw your comment). Anyway, congrats! Good to see that you guys are doing so well!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.