Friday, February 13, 2009

A Trial of Our Faith

You are probably wondering why the title. Well I will tell you, just when I thought that we were doing ok BAM! the Lord has hit us with a BIG stumbling block. On Wednesday Matt came home and said that it was pretty much his last day at work. He was laid off. Yep, my husband has joined the millions that are unemployed. He knew that it was coming when he didn't have much to do at work. Matt worked for Pulte Homes at their Truss Yard in Tolleson. Being as they are in the home building business and not as many homes are being built there wasn't much need for all the workers that they had. Because he had a feeling that he wouldn't have a job for much longer he started to submit his resume to anyone that would be willing to look at it. Within a few weeks someone did look at it, a company called Gardian. From what Matt has told me this company is in the top 50 of the Fortune 500 Companies that are out there. So this will be a really good oportunity for him. His charisma has won them over because they are really considering him to be part of their team. This is really going to test our Faith in the Lord to see if this is the direction he needs to go. But for now I still have a job but it can't support us for too long, without something not being paid. But this a big change that we didn't not anticpate but it has happened and we trying to deal with it one day at a time. I will post an update if he gets an offer.

6 comments:

Carree Sue said...

Nesa, I am so sorry to hear the unfortunate news. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Karen said...

I will pray that Matt gets the job at Gardian or any other place! Good luck! We know how you feel, you pray for us and we'll pray for you!

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear about that! You guys will be in our prayers.

Greco Family said...

Oh hun! I am so sorry. Something will work out. We have been in that pool 3 times in the past 9 months. It stinks. Keep looking.

Megs said...

That is sooo hard! Chad was working for a home builder and got laid off as well. Then he went back to Home Security but everything is so slow right now. Crazy times!! Hope your hubby can find something soon!....by the way thanks for the clue on switching the pics. I totally knew that but just was going through a dumb phase or something!!

Patty Elsberry said...

Nesa,

We'll keep Matt in mind if we may have something that he could help us with. Right now things are slow but they can change overnight.

We'll give you a call tomorrow.

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.