Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Now that Thanksgiving is over I thought that I would post about it. Here's how it went. (sorry no pictures, my camera is having issues)

Day 1 - Woke up got dressed, opened the bathroom door to a very anxious 5 year old wanting to go play with his cousins. Of course I was not ready to go. Turned on the tv to the Macy's day parade to have him watch it. He really was not interested in watching it b/c he was asking me about every 5 mins if I was ready to go. That kid has a one track mind. Matt headed out to play some football with some friends and had fun. At about 10 am I was finally ready to go and so I gathered my items for the dish I was assigned, mashed potatoes, very easy to do. :) We got to my brother-in -laws house and hung out with everyone. Matt's sister was in town with her family and so that was fun to see her baby. By 1:30 pm everything was done, both turkeys cooked and all the sides dishes prepped, we actaully sat down to eat around 2:15 ish. It was nice to have an early dinner/lunch whatever you want to call it. By the time the evening rolled around everyone was ready for pie. yummy.

Day 2 - I had to go into to work. Bleh. :( But after I got home we headed back over to my brother-in-laws house to hang out some more. I was helping my niece with a murder mystery puzzle, which is tradition. Had fun and talked.

Day 3- Saturday, I ran a few errands, and got my Christmas cards mailed out. I can't believe that I got them out as early as I did. Go me! So if you gave me your address expect one in the mail very soon. :) I made some more clips for my Etsy store, I hope to have those listed soon, I just need to find a camera to borrow. Then at about 5:30 we headed back to my bro-in-laws for dinner. My niece and I worked more on the puzzle, but unfortunately we did not finish it, but did make a lot of progress on it.

Over all we had a great weekend and spent time with our family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun time. We missed you Saturday night!

Unknown said...

Hey I just noticed that you haven't accepted my invite to my blog. What gives? :) Send me an email so I know that I invited the right one. karenann1979@cox.net

Loved my Christmas card by the way, thanks!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.