Friday, June 7, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Vacation

Ah summertime is finally here and school is out, that means Memorial weekend and Scott's birthday. This year we asked Scott what he wanted to do for his birthday. We gave him the option of going to Sea World and visting his cousins in San Diego or take a couple of friends to Sunsplash. He chose the first option.

We left Friday morning. Summer did very well, I was worried that she would get bored and fussy but she slept most of the way. Thank goodness for the improvement of baby food packaging! I love the food pouches, because I could screw on a spoon designed for them and feed her on the road! We hit traffic on our way into Carlsbad but made in just in time to check into our hotel. Matt's sister met up with us at our hotel, she lives up the road from the hotel we stayed at. I do recommend the Carlsbad by The Sea Resort, if you are planning a vaca to Carlsbad. So the kids swam for a little bit and then we headed to dinner.


Summer sleeping just before we got into San Diego.

Summer's first time in the pool!

She loved it!

*side note: phone cameras take pretty good pictures these days and I love it!

Saturday was Sea World!! I haven't been to Sea World in years so I was probably just as excited as Scott was. haha We were meeting up with Matt's parents and sister and family. That was an ordeal as we were there first we got in pretty quickly through the car line and got in to a very close row to the entrance. For the others it took them 30 more mins. While we waited for the rest of the family to join us we saw the first showing of the dolphins. It was a really good show!!





After we go into the park!


part of the dolphin show


The dolphins

Once everyone was in the park we had a great time. We saw I think almost all of the animal exhibits, Matt and Scott went on the rides. The little kids got to play at the Seseame Bay, kiddie park inside, to run out some of their energy. We ate some food, which is WAY over priced! Applied sunscreen to the kids. I put some on my arms but I had forgotten about my neck and chest and they got pretty toasty by the end. Oops! We left the park at about 4 and headed back to our hotel. We all had a great time!

Sunday we pretty much laid back. The kids wanted to swim so everyone was pool side except me, since I totally sunburned. I hung out in the hotel room out of the sun. In the evening we headed over to my SIL house for dinner to celebrate the boy's birthdays and let them open their presents and play. It was pretty relaxing day nothing too crazy.

Monday we left midmorning and got back into town about about 4:30ish. Scott wanted to see the movie Epic so we unloaded the car looked up the next showing of the movie and headed to theater. It was a really good movie! It was definetely a 3D movie.

We had a great holiday weekend and it was well worth it to spend time with my little family!

No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.