Saturday, August 17, 2013

10 Years!! Our Story thus Far

I can't believe that 10 years ago I married one of the cutest guys in my singles ward. Our story actually starts 11 years ago when we first met.

I was the new girl to him in the group that I was in and he was just fresh off of his mission and new to me. I actually persued him and it most definetly paid off. It didn't take much and we were dating. By April of 2003 we were engaged with the help of my bestie and a video camera.

a month of dating and i took him home to cali for my baby brother's blessing. Sept 2002.

On August 2, 2003 we were married in San Diego in the beautiful San Diego temple surrounded by our family and friends.



 
 
 
 

 
Not long after we were married I found out I was expecting our first child, Scott. I was totally excited because I thought that it would take longer to get pregnant. I guess I get pregnant pretty easily which I will consider a blessing. May 26, 2004 we welcomed Scott to our family.

We were busy with work, school and new baby. We later bought a house which later became a burden which we let go. Oh well, that's how life goes sometimes. We moved to an apartment and things weren't as rosy as we would have liked them to be. We hit a low, which happens in marriage. We worked through it but it didn't get better until Matt lost his job and we had to move in with his parents which I will be forever grateful to them and their generosity for letting us invade their home for more than a year. During that time we had to really rely on each other and the Lord to get through our rough patch. Things did improve and we were moving in the right direction.


7 year anniversary


Matt got a new job, we moved out of his parents house into our own place again. Within a year of being in our own home I found out I was execting again! We had been talking about having another baby but I guess the Lord had other plans. The day after Thanksgiving is when I found out I was pregnant. By that time I was 7 to 8 weeks pregnant. What!?  I already knew we were supposed to have another baby and I knew it would be girl. Actually we both knew it would be a girl.

On July 18, 2012 we welcomed our sweet Summer. Life is good right now. We love our kids, we both have good jobs to provide for our growing family. It's not always easy but we are constantly working at it.

Date night with friends.

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

Wow, what a story! We just celebrated our 10 yr anniversary, and got married in San Diego as well!!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.