Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Zoey's Blessing Day {10.19.14}

Finally, I've gotten around to getting this down for the records! Haha!

We blessed Zoey on October 19, 2014. This is the 2nd time we've blessed one of kids on a non-fast Sunday. My reasoning is that I wanted to be able to host a brunch right after sacrament and not have anyone feel guilty to break their fast early. It's not in the books that you have to bless your baby on fast Sunday, but traditionally they are. Not how that started. Wells anyways, this was such a special day for us.

We had a good turnout from our family for this day. Tia Maggie and Tio Gerald came up from Tucson. And I had a special surprise from my cousin Trevor! I didn't even know he was in town from Utah!

Matt gave a beautiful blessing and it was inspired. Those who joined in the blessing circle were: Papa (Matt's dad), Uncle JD (Matt's brother), Uncle Rick (Matt's brother), Uncle Chris (my brother), Uncle Mario (my brother), Tio Gerald (my uncle), Great-Grandpa Elsberry (my grandpa), Taylor and Trevor (my cousins). I'm so lucky to have such faithful and worthy priesthood holders in my family, so that they can participate in special days like this day.

After sacrament, we all met back at our house, where I had freshly cooked breakfast casseroles hot out of the oven. I figured out how to use my automatic settings on my oven, so that they would be cooking while we were at church. It was so nice to sit and chat with family and get pictures of Zoey's special day.

Grammy Sovereign with Summer, Zoey and Scott

Tia Maggie w/ Zoey

Tia Maggie and Gammy with Zoey and Summer

Our family of 5!

Aunt Jocie

Uncle Mario

When Tia Maggie was staying with us, just after having Zoey, she sewed Zoey's blessing dress. I already had the fabric and pattern, same patter as Summer's, but with the different fabric it was a completely different dress. It fit her perfectly!

It was a great day!

No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.