Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dilemma: Temple Dress

On Saturday I finally sewed the sleeves on to the bodice of my temple dress. I was thrilled to have at least that much done. In my excitment I proceeded to try on what I accomplished and to my dismay it didn't fit. :( How could that be? I measured and made sure that I cut out the right size. Well either the pattern that I choose must run small or maybe it is the material that doesn't have a lot of stretch in it. Well it looks like that I will be back at the material store buying new material for the bodice and cutting the pattern larger. What a drag. I guess that is all part of the process of sewing. Trial and error. I now know that if I choose to make another dress using the same pattern I know to cut it a little bit bigger than I normally would.

No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.