Saturday, April 5, 2008

Current Project: Temple Dress

A few weeks ago I decided that it was time to get a new temple dress. So I started looking and I liked a few but none seemed to be me. So I decided that I would make my own dress. I recruited my new sister-in-law, Carree my brother's wife, to help me. We found a pattern that was Perfect. I've posted a picture of the pattern below.



What we did was combine the two bodices together. I didn't like the gathering on the dress on the right so we use the neck line from the dress on the right and fitted it to the bodice of the dress on the left. And of course we are using the long sleeves. Here is what the bodice looks like so far.
 

I know, the sleeves are not sewn on yet, but gives us some credit we both work full time so we are doing this on Friday nights after work and on Saturday afternoons. Here is what the material of the bodice looks like. It is brocade pattern, which is a tone on tone of the same color and the design has a sheen to it. I fell in love with it and had to buy it.



Had I bought a new dress it would have cost me twice as much than what I paid for the material and pattern. This dress is going to be made with love and dedication. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!I adore this pattern and Regency dresses,Your's is going to be lovely indeed!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.