Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us

Yesterday Matt and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. I can't believe that it's been 5 years! Time sure does fly. Last night we celebrate by going out to dinner, nothing fancy, just enjoying each other's company. We wanted to try a new pizza place in downtown Phoenix called Pizzeria Bianco. Matt read that this was rate one of the tope 5 pizza places in the nation. So we get there at opening time, 5pm, and there is a line outside. So we get in line and the hostess said that there was a 3 1/2 hour wait. 3 1/2 hours!!! I couldn't believe it, b/c we got there at opening time.

So we decided that we didn't want to wait the 3 1/2 hours to eat, so we went to Bobby Q. This restaurant is off the I-17 and Dunlap. We get there and were seated right away. Just the way I like it. Matt was telling me as were driving there that they have the best cornbread that he has ever tasted. I have to agree it was really good cornbread. I had the grilled shrimp w/ chimichuri pesto w/ mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. Very delicious! Matt had the prim rib w/ mashed potatoes and sweet corn. Within 10 mins of ordering we had our dinner, talk about fast service. I also order the peach cobbler to go.

We came home and took Scott, my brother Chris and his wife Carree out for Nielson frozen custard. They were babysitting Scott for us. We had fun hanging out with them and talking about just about anything.

I love being married to Matt, he is a wonderful husband and father. He may forget to do things b/c he is busy trying to finish school. He is not a romantic but when does surprise me it means a lot. So Happy Anniversary to Us!

1 comment:

B. Surfer said...

Happy Happy! Sounds like you guys had a really good time - that peach cobbler sounds really good about now. Did you list what you ate b.c it's fast sunday and food is on your mind?

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.