Saturday, April 18, 2009

A deal or steal?

So given our current financial situation I have been thinking of ways to buy groceries for a lot less, mainly in the produce area. I thought about doing Bountiful Baskets, but decied against it because you get only what is in season and some random items. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my food. I want to get what I want and not something else. At work one day I was talking to my friend at lunch about what I was thinking and she said that I should buy my produce at that Ranch Market. Of course!! I haven't been there in years. Growing up we used to go there as often as possible. So this morning I made my way over to Greenfield and Main and scored the best deal ever!!! I bought a cart full of fruits and veggies for under $20! Yes under $20. I got a pineapple for $0.99, 3 containers of strawberries for $1! When I got home my produce drawer was bursting and I almost couldn't close it. haha I was wondering how all of it was going to fit in my fridge. But somehow I made it all fit. Check out my loot!






2 comments:

Karen said...

Good job, my sis n law loves to go there!

Jen Olson Brown said...

Total deal and steal! Great job and we should go there sometime!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.