Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Green Thumb

I love spring! Even though it makes me sneeze like crazy and my eyes itch and water I love it just the same. I love the fact of the newness of blossoms and birds chirping and the weather is just right! Especially here in AZ 70 degree weather is perfect. So with that in mind I've been getting an itch to plant to some flowers. Since I don't have a backyard, b/c we live in an apartment, I thought that I would pot some pretty flowers.

On Friday at work at was talking to my supervisor and she just happens to be a gardening fanatic. I'm not joking she has a garden that could feed her entire neighborhood and she is always sharing the wealth by bringing in the fruits of her labor. :) So I asked her what flowers would do well mainly in the shade. I have an east facing patio so it will get the cool sunshine in the morning and shade the rest of the day. She suggested some Petunias. So off to Target I went on Friday after work. I talked to the girl in the gardening center and she also suggested the Petunia and Asylums. Both are very pretty and will do well in the shade. So that is what I bought. I came home and preceeded to transfer them into the pot. So far they haven't died and in fact they are thriving. :) YEA!!!! I took a couple pictures of them and have posted them below for your viewing pleasure. I think that I might have to plant some more.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lucky you!! It is still way too cold here for anything to start growing. I have Spring Fever so badly I'm ready to head down there for a little vacation!!!

Karen said...

I love petunias. Once the flower dries up and dies if you keep picking them off new flowers will grow. We have lots of those in our yard, love planting them every October.

Jen Olson Brown said...

They look great! Good job!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.