Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tortilla Flat

Last Saturday my friend Rhonda and I took the kids for a short day trip. We headed out to Tortilla Flat. All I have to say about it is if you blink you will miss it, b/c it is a small strip of a couple buildings on the side of the road. (click on the name to see more info) It is a few miles out side of town. It was fun, they have a great little restuarant that makes some pretty tasty burgers. The inside of the restaurant it pretty much covered in dollar bills signed by people who have stopped in. We did sign a dollar bill but I forgot to take a picture. Along the way we stopped at a view point of Canyon Lake. It was a beautiful sight.






On our way back we stopped at another little sight seeing place called Goldfield Ghost Town. (click on the name for more info) This place was bigger with a couple restaurants, a merchant store, a museum and a train station. It was a lot more fun to look around. There was even an antique photography studio, that Rhonda and I would love to come back to take pictures at. It was a fun way to spend the morning and the kids loved it.






2 comments:

Rhonda said...

We've got to go get the saloon girl pictures taken!!

Sarah said...

Looks like you all had fun!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.