Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Events

This weekend was a very busy, but eventful one for Scott and I. With Matt out of town for a footy game in San Diego (that will be another post) I got to spent some quality time with my son. Friday started out with me getting a text from Rhonda, who was watching Scott until I got off of work, asking if I wanted to join her, Karen and the kids at the pool. Of course I accepted. We swam, more like the kids did while we visited. Then Karen had to go she was invited to TJ Grier's graduation party, so Rhonda and I hung out with Karen kids and ours. We ordered pizza and had ice cream for dessert while the kids watched the Barbie Nutcracker. Then came home and crashed out.

Saturday morning, Scott and I went grocery shopping, first to Fry's and then we headed out to the Ranch Market. Since my parents live out there we decided to first pop in and visit. We hung out for awhile, but then was time to go b/c they had errands to run and we still needed to finish our grocery shopping. We made our way over to the market, scored a great deal, again, and came home. When we got home we had some quiet time and I crashed out on the couched for about an hour. Then we had one more errand to run. We headed over to Walmart to get a few items, I bought a new swimsuit top, very cute. I try to post a picture later, Matt had the camera. Then I get a text from Rhonda asking if we wanted to join her and Kayla at the pool. What's funny is that Scott had been asking all day if were going to go swimming with Kayla. We enjoyed the cool water since it was a very HOT day!

As were swimming Rhonda had mentioned that she was going to take Kayla and her friend's son, Trey (sp?) to see the Race to Witch Mountain at the Tempe Cinema. I thought that would a fun way to spend an evening. It was a good movie and Scott sat through the entire thing. Good thing, I was worried that he would want to run around the theater.

Sunday was a lazy morning, waiting for 1pm to go to church. We went to church learned much and then afterwards headed over to my Grandma's house for dinner. It was a lot of fun. My grandma had invited, my brother and his wife, my cousin Ryan and his wife Susan, and my step-sister Sally and her husband, and we had special guests, the Missionaries. We enjoyed great food, Mexican, and fun company.

Now that I'm exhausted it's time to go back to work. ugh!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Fun weekend. I'm glad we got to swim with you guys, it was fun!

ShelBailey said...

You kids need to all come out and hang out at my house for awhile. I hardly know any of your spouses. If you come when Grandma isn't here, I even have enough rooms. :0)

Love you guys!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.