Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Husbands

For the past few days I've been reading a book called the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger, it came highly recommended by my sister-in-law. Thanks Carree! As I started reading it at first I was shocked and then appalled by the way women actually act toward their husbands! I know that I haven't always put Matt first and I'll admit that, but some of these women are down right mean to their hubbies. It just makes me sad. What has this world come to? Apparently most women have been mean and disrespectful to their husbands pretty much since the feminist movement when activists fought for equality of women to men.

Just because you are married does not give you the right to push your husband aside and forget that he is human with needs and desires. Remember you chose to be married and to have a family and with that comes a husband. I'm writing this in hopes to enlight you and make you really think, are you treating your husband with the respect that he deserves as you husband and the head of your house. Being raised in the gospel I think that I have a better understanding of the role of a husband but there are times when I forget and a reminder is always good.

Since reading this book I've become more conscience of how I am treating Matt in hopes that he will notice my change of attitude and will reciprocate it back. You all know that saying, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." I believe this is true when you are not happy with your life then the rest of the family suffers. If you can change your attitude about your life then you will see the difference in your family and in your husband and who knows, you might get some good rewards back. hehehe

So remember treat your husbands with the Respect and Love that they truly deserve to be your Life and Eternal Companions.

3 comments:

Ken said...

Hello! Found this entry looking for stuff on Dr. Laura. So many bloggers complain about her but usually get what she says/writes wrong.

My wife and I read that book, too. Good for you for reading it and the way, from reading this blog, you treat your husband and family.

As for being surprised how some women are treating their husbands... if you want to read horror stories, I suggest running things like "marriage strike", "Men Going Their Own Way" or "MGTOW", and "Do not marry" through Google... try looking for the blogs. Sure, some of the guys are hedonists and self-centered and just want sex without obligations, but others are seriously moral men, committed to God, yet weary. Any sister to a brother or mother to a boy should be concerned about the kind of females that he will be encountering.

This is not to say there aren't horrible husbands and other guys out there. But that gets way more attention.

Karen said...

I really liked that book as well. The Proper Care and Feeding for Marriages is really good too. Highly reccomend them both!

Sarah said...

Very well put. Thanks Danesa!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.