Friday, May 7, 2010

Meatballs!!!

Okay so today Matt requested my meatball sandwiches for dinner. According to Matt, my father-in-law, Meesa and Trev they are the BEST meatballs they’ve ever had! I’ll have to admit that they are pretty tasty. All I really did was take a standard meatball recipe and add my own things to it make it taste better. So I thought, why not share the tasty goodness with my fellow bloggers! So here’s to your enjoyment my meatball recipe. Bon Appetite!

Meatballs

1 lb lean ground beef
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 Italian flavored breadcrumbs
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 c parmesan cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce

  • preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • in large or medium mixing bowl combine the turkey, beef, eggs, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. mix thoroughly and then shape into 1 1/2 in diameter meatballs.
  • arrange meatballs on baking sheet (i use pam so that they don't stick so much) and place in oven for about 10-12 mins, then turn until repeat until all sides are brown.
  • in large saucepan add spaghetti sauce on low to simmer.
  • as you cook each batch of meatballs place them in the simmering sauce
These make awesome sandwiches!!! I like to use provolone cheese b/c it melts but doesn't get stringy like mozarella does. I use a Hogie bun, which holds at least 4 meatballs. Place your cheese ontop of the meatballs and then stick in the broiler until the bun is toasty and the cheese slightly melted. Now you are ready to enjoy the BEST meatball sandwich EVER!!!

1 comment:

B. Surfer said...

We love using them in Spaghetti. Mmmm. spaghetti and meatballs.

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.