Friday, June 13, 2008

Progress: Temple Dress

I thought that I'd give you an update on my progress with my temple dress. But before I do I want to share my new purchase. I finally have bought myself a sewing box. Now my sewing notions have a home. Here is what it looks like.



Isn't it pretty?! I think so. Okay back to my dress. I found a solution. I bought a larger size of the pattern and I will be using the leftover material from the skirt of the dress to do the bodice. It is more flexible than the other material. So last night I sewed the bodice together and what do you know it fits! The armholes are big enough, the collar is a little big but all it needs is a small adjustement. Tonight I will be sewing on the sleeves and hopefully I can get most of the skirt sewn tomorrow.

No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.