Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Change

I'm sure that you all have noticed that whenever you read my blog you see something different, either a new background or new colors. Well just so you know I like change, in fact I welcome it. Some of you are thinking no one likes change, you're crazy. Well I do and I'm one of the few that does. Here's an explantion as to why.

Growing up my family moved a lot, due to my dad's job. Changing schools and making new friends became second nature to me. Sure there were times when I was shy but I quickly learned that it won't do, and also having a sister who was a very bubbly person by nature learned from her. Thanks Meesa. I think that the biggest lesson in change that I learned was when my mom died. From that point I really learned that change is going to happen whether you like it or ready for it. Change is a part of life and I have accepted it.

For the last 7 years I have worked in an environment where change is constant whether it is simply moving desks, learning a new system or changing to a new department I have enjoyed it. Monotony of life gets boring and it's nice to shake things up a bit. Even as an adult I have moved a couple times, and had a kid, which I think is a big change in life. We have even had to make a big decision to get rid of our house and move into something smaller. But it has all worked out and I never really stressed about it. I think that Prayer and Faith play a big role in how we deal with change. Pray to have the courage and strength to deal with it and the Faith to know that the Lord will make it work. That has helped me and my family deal with the changes that have happened to us.

No, there really is no point to this post other than the fact that I like to change things or do something different and share my thoughts about change. Well not true, there is a point, with the way the economy is going we are all finding ourselves in situtions that we never would have dreamed of being in. I just wanted to express my thoughts that change is inevitable and there is nothing we can really do about it except learn and grow from it. If you are reading this and are one of those people who are resistant to change well it's time to let that go and let change happen. There is a book that comes highly recommended called Who Moved My Cheese?, it's a good book.

No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.