Saturday, November 8, 2008

Temple Date

Last night was a really neat experience for us. It was our first time doing sealings, but not just any sealings, they were Sovereign Family names. My father-in-law was sealed to his parents last night and that was something special to be a part of. Matt's brother JD and his wife Alison stood in proxy for Jack's (father-in-law) parents. We did at least 5 families, I really wasn't keeping track. Matt and I stood in as the parents of a large family that had at least 8 or 9 children. Wow! But it was such a spiritual experience to be there with his parents, brothers and their wives. I hope to be able to do more family names, like what we did last night, together. Later we all went to dinner and just enjoyed each other's company. I think that we all grew closer together as a family. I also know that those family members were glad that we have done their work so that they can now be together forever.

1 comment:

Rustino Scar said...

that's so neat. Sealings are amazing to be a part of. everytime I've gone I've just been a son. that really is so funny that you came across an old talk from my mission. or was it about my mission? That is random for sure. Hope things are going great for you guys!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.