Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

I'm a little late in posting what happened on Thanksgiving, but unfortunately I had to be at work on Friday morning. Ugh. So this is what happened at the Sovereign Family Thanksgiving.

Matt when to play football with some men in the ward at about 8am. Not a big turn out from what he said. He came home and then we headed out to his parents house. (Oh, just a side note it had been raining since Wed night.) Once we arrived Matt dropped us off and then headed out to meet his friends for another football game. So I settled in to read a book and Scott headed into the play room to play with the toys at Grammy's house. My mother in law pretty much had everything ready to go. So I didn't do much but peal potatoes. Then Matt came back and got cleaned up. We took a family picture for our Christmas card. Yup, it's that time of year again, so if I have your address you will be getting one.






Matt's brother Rick and his family showed up at around 4 we finished up the last minutue prepping of food and sat down for a nice thanksgiving dinner. The kids had fun entertaining each other. My niece Kelsea and her brother Derick got a hold of my camera and took some pictures with it. So most of the pics that will be on this post were taken by them.

Natalie

Sean and Scott

Kelsea and Scott

The table

Kelsea and Shellie

MAtt

Crowding in the kitchen

"Is it time to eat yet?"

Carving the turkey
Later that evening the kids found a praying mantis and that was probably the biggest thing that happened that night. They were all soo excited about that they were constantly coming in the house saying, "we found a praying mantis!" All in all it was a wonderful evening.

Nathan



2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey just wanted to let you know I found your blog! I like the picture collage thing...that is a great idea!

B. Surfer said...

Cute new Family Pics on your title page! I love it.. can't wait for my christmas card!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.