Sunday, December 21, 2008

Birthday and Graduation Weekend

This was a vey busy weekend for us and it started on Thursday. Matt's birthday was on Thursday and it was also his graduation day from ASU. YEA!!! So here's what happened. Matt had told me a while back that he didn't want to walk so I didn't schedule the day off from work. Well he changed his mind and decided that he was going to walk, but I didn't find out until I got home from work. Well he went to the graduation ceremony didn't see anyone that he knew, but he had called his dad earlier to let him know that he was going to walk. But after seeing no one he knew he decided to leave, and did try calling his dad to let him know that he decided not to. Unfortunately his dad didn't answer his phone and sat through the ceremony. Sad I know. My husband can be a nightmare sometime. Matt felt bad and so later that evening we went over to his parents house so that he could apologize to dad.







Then on Friday my friend Rhonda treated me to a movie for my birthday. We needed a mommy's nightout anyway. Well it wasn't just any ole movie it was the Twilight movie. Yes, that was my first time seeing it. I was unable to see it on opening night. I competely enjoyed it. I didn't go in with any expectations because I know that a movie is usually different than the book. Hmm . . . . Edward was a fine specimen to look at, even James was, even though he was the bad guy.

On to last night. Since it was my birthday on saturday, and Matt's mom usually does a birthday dinner on the following Sunday, she was unable to this year because of conflicting meetings on Sunday. So Matt's parents took us out to eat to celebrate both of our birthdays and to celebrate Matt's gradution. We went out to eat at the Macaroni Grill and then we went to Nielson's Frozen Custard for dessert. Dinner was my pick and dessert was Matt's. Both picks were very YUMMY!!

After dinner Matt and I took advantage of having a babysitter and headed over to Target to do our Christmas shopping for Scott. We are done shopping! I will just say this, he is going to make out like a bandit this year! We got him some fun and enjoyable gifts. We spoil him too much it seems. So that was our weekend in a nutshell.

3 comments:

B. Surfer said...

He DID IT!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!! Happy birthday to all of you.

Katie said...

Congrats Matt! Can't wait till Dallin and I are done. And happy birthday to both of you!!

Joyce Wolfley said...

Congratulations. That is a lot of work and quite an accomplishment!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.