Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Okay so we had a very busy holiday break, and not mention my internet was not working AGAIN! I've had bad luck with the land line internet since we've moved into our apartment. But that is beside the point. So one to parts two and three of our Christmas.

Christmas Eve was done with the Sovereign's and Company. Christmas Eve dinner in the Sovereign Family is called Favorties Thing dinner. Everyone is supposed to bring their favorite thing to eat. This year I didn't b/c I wasn't planning on going, that was until my Grandma changed her party to the night before. But I didn't need to bring anything anyway because we had more than enough food to feed an army, well so it seemed. Once we had stuffed our faces with good food my brother-in-law Rick read the Christmas story from the scriptures and then my mother-in-law read the new christmas story that came out called The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes. A really good story by the way I highly recommend that you read it if you haven't done so. Then after the stories the kids got to open their Christmas pjs. Very Cute! Thanks Aunt Shellie!








Onto Christmas Day. We usually spend the night at Matt's parent's house and it has become a little tradition of ours to do it. It's like having being away for the Holiday without actually leaving town. So we didn't open presents until 10am, late I know and Scott was very patient in waiting to open them. We didn't get a lot of gifts but they were things that we actually wanted and needed. I surprised Matt with a new set of scriptures. He had been talking about getting some for awhile but never did anything about it, so I decided for him. I was probably the most surprised with the present that I got. My husband surprised me with a new laptop. I was not expecting to get one until summer but Voila! here I am writing this post from my new computer. I absolutely LOVE IT!! We had a great Christmas feast with the family. I guess that is all, I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story. Enjoy!





No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.