Friday, December 12, 2008

The Joys of Parenthood

Early this morning as I was getting ready for work. I hear a shuffling behind me and Scott saying, "Mommy?" So of course I turn around and as I do so Scott says, "Mommy I'm sick." To my horror his shirt is covered in puke, (blagh, yuck!) and he has a very concerned look on his face. So I quickly shed his pjs and put him in the tub and let the warm water wash him and soothe him. I run into his room remove all of his blankets and stuffed animals and the sheet and throw them into the wash. What I forgot was that I hadn't bought a new waterproof matress pad for his bed, b/c the last one the elastic ripped off in the wash,. so I had to scub the matress. Yea!  I go into the kitchen get a glass bowl, go back to the laundry area, pull out the oxy clean and the clorox. I place them on the bathroom counter and then as I turn around to check on Scott, I hear a bang on the floor and as I turn around I immediately panic b/c the Clorox fell and the cap fell off and was now dripping onto the rug. Great! Now I will have a bleach stain on my nice brown bath rug. So I quickly clean it up and fill up the bowl and proceed back to Scott's room to clean the matress. I got the smell and the stain out. Yippee!! Now all it has to do is dry by the time I get home so that I can put the clean sheets on it.

Just as I thought that Scott was ok I hear a gagging coming from the living room and Scott running into his room to try to make it to the bathroom. He didn't quite make it and threw up again on the carpet. Err! Another mess to clean, this morning couldn't get any worse, so I grab a wash cloth and clean up the mess as he is hunched over the toilet. Poor kid, the look on his face was priceless, big round brown eyes looking at me and almost crying because he didn't feel good. Since I can't miss any more work I go in and wake Matt up asking if he can stay home with Scott and thankfully he said that he could. Ah the joys of being a parent, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Danesa! I'm so sorry about your morning. I hope Scott feels better soon and what a mess to have to deal with so early in the morning. Your day can only go up from here now, right? I hope so! Love ya!

Justin Lee said...

Wow!! I think you just talked me out of having kids!! :O)

Sarah said...

I'm sorry your morning was so terrible. I've had some of my preschoolers puke all over the place before. It isn't fun to clean up!

Joyce Wolfley said...

They never tell you how glamorous being a mother is! What a morning!

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.