Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I can do it myself

This is just a short post that I thought was too good not to write about. On Sunday night I was folding Scott's laundry and when I finished he told me that he wanted to put it away. Great! So I handed him little stacks so as to not mess up the neatly folded clothes. He back came each time telling me that he put them in the right drawer. The next thing that happened was when I was getting up from the couch to grab his shirts to hang them up he says, "Mommy! No, I hang them up by myself b/c I'm a big boy." How could I not resist a chuckle to myself. So I said ok. He runs into his room and the next thing I hear is a noise coming from his closet. I ask him if he is ok, he says yes as he comes back into the living room holding a small stack of hangers. He then proceeds to put the hangers into the shirts, and takes like 2 or 3 at time back into the closet to hang them up. (Just a side note: there is a dresser in his closet that is below where his clothes hang. What he does is pulls out the bottom drawer and uses it as a step to reach the hangers.) He wanted to hang up his pants and shorts as well but I told him that I would do it b/c they were higher and had different hangers that needed to be used. My little boy is growing up.

No comments:

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to please post a comment. I like to hear what people think.